It has been a big month at SmithWerks. For the second time, we won the…
Well, since it’s Easter, no doubt, some of you are going to have problems with chocolate stains on your furniture and carpets. So, here are a couple of tips as to how to safely and quickly remove such blemishes from your world. Sorry, I can’t help you with the several pounds you’ve added to your thighs as a result of this weekend’s chocolate feast.
Follow these steps to remove chocolate stains from Synthetic Carpet and Wool Carpet:
- Blot up or scrape as much of the excess as possible.
- To prevent setting stain, flush with club soda.
- Try an application of Folex Carpet Stain Remover or a concentrated solution of a non-alkali carpet cleaner..
After drying and vacuuming, if stain remains:
- Mix 1 tablespoon ammonia to 1 cup cool water and carefully drop small amounts onto the stain. (On wool carpets, test in an inconspicuous corner first, as ammonia can harm wool.)
- Blot with an absorbent pad.
- Flush or sponge carpeting with cool, clear water. It is important to remove all traces of ammonia.
- Place a clean absorbent pad or towel over the area and weigh it down or simple stand on the towel..
- When no more liquid is being absorbed, allow it to thoroughly air dry.
Chocolate and candy on big-ticket items like furniture and upholstery are best removed with a dash of rubbing alcohol or dry cleaning fluid blotted on using a white paper towel, clean rag or cloth diaper.
Simply wet the stain with a small amount of either, then immediately blot dry. Check for remaining brown smudges. If any residue remains, repeat this step until the smudge disappears.
And remember if you have any difficulty call SmithWerks Carpet Cleaning West Vancouver or SmithWerks Carpet Cleaning in North Vancouver. 604-924-0518